Answered By: Carrie Mann Last Updated: Jul 08, 2014 Views: 28
Often this problem results when you try to print pages from a .pdf file using the File>Print command.
- If the article you are printing has the original formatting - fonts, pictures, charts, etc. rather than just text alone - it is most likely a .pdf file. These must be printed using the Print command within Adobe Reader.
- If you hover over the top or bottom of the screen with your mouse, a small gray toolbar should appear.
- One of the commands on the toolbar is Print, with a Printer icon shown.
- Click on this, make any changes in the box that opens, and click on Print to print your article.
- There is also a toolbar that can be displayed on the right side of the screen by clicking on the double arrow to hide or unhide the toolbar.
Other possibilities include the printer being out of paper or toner, or other printer issues - check the printer to see if there is an attention light flashing or error message displayed on the screen.
Please ask a staff person to help - we are always happy to do so.