Answered By: Carrie Mann Last Updated: Jul 08, 2014 Views: 18
Answered By: Carrie Mann
Last Updated: Jul 08, 2014 Views: 18
- You can often open files from other word processors in Word.
- Instead of double clicking on the file to open it, open Word first.
- Click on File>Open.
- Navigate to the location where the file is saved.
- Where it says Files of Type, scroll through the list. If you created the file in Works, WordPerfect or a previous version of Word (Word 97-2003), you can select the file type for these. Otherwise, choose All Files.
- Select the file and click on Open or press Enter.
- If this is unsuccessful, you may have to go back to the computer where you created the file and choose Save As when you open it again. Choose a file type of Rich Text Format (.rtf) or Text (.txt). You may lose some of your formatting when you do this, particularly if you have to save as a .txt file.