Answered By: Carrie Mann Last Updated: Jan 04, 2016 Views: 23
- You can place a hold on an item yourself through our online catalog.
- Open the library catalog.
- Log in using the ID number on the front of your Brescia ID card and your chosen password. Note: if this is your first time to log in, you will need to create/set a password
- Search for the book you want and click on the title to open its record.
- If the item shows as being unavailable, you may place a hold.
- Click on "Place hold" toward the bottom of the screen.
- A second window appears for the hold where you can set the dates that you will need the item by.
- You place the hold by clicking the blue "Submit" at the bottom of the window.
- Your hold has been placed.
- When the book is returned, it will be held at the desk for you for 3 days.
- You will be notified by Brescia email that the book is available.
- You can also place a hold by calling the library, 270-686-4212, and requesting that place the hold for you.
Please note that you can't place a hold on a book that is on the shelf, only on those that are checked out. If you are in a hurry, you can contact us with the full title of the book, author's name, and complete call number. One of our library staff will retrieve the item before you come in and have it waiting for you at the Circulation Desk.